Leonardo da Vinci: Artist
"It had long since come to my attention that people of accomplishment rarely sat back and let things happen to them. They went out and happened to things."
Leonardo da Vinci
If you think Leonardo da Vinci's most important work was primarily as an artist, keep in mind the following questions as you do your research and collect your images:
- What sort of paintings and sculpture did Leonardo da Vinci do? What sort of media and tools were available to Leonardo, and how did that influence his work?
- What are his 3 most famous works of art? Describe what makes each of them famous and/or important.
- Did he do his art for himself or for other people? Who were his patrons?
- Who were some of the other famous artists of his time, and how does Leonardo da Vinci's work compare/contrast with theirs? In what ways is his genius and innovation seen in his artwork?
- Where are his paintings and sculptures now? How are they being preserved?
- How does Leonardo’s art still have an influence or impact on our modern world?
You may use the following web sites to complete your assignment:
Leonardo's Perspective http://www.mos.org/sln/Leonardo/LeonardosPerspective.html
Renaissance Man – Leo the Artist http://legacy.mos.org/leonardo/artist.html
The Mona Lisa http://www.bbc.co.uk/science/leonardo/gallery/monalisa.shtml
Interesting Info About the Mona Lisa http://monalisamania.com/faq/
Leonardo da Vinci's Paintings http://www.lairweb.org.nz/leonardo/magi.html
The Famous Bronze Horse Sculpture http://www.leonardoshorse.org/
Leonardo da Vinci sketches: http://www.leonardoda-vinci.org/the-complete-works.html
The Codex Collection http://www.unmuseum.org/leosketch.htm
Times Square Exhibit L3 http://www.leonardo3.net/leonardo/home_eng.htm
2. Web Museum, Paris http://www.ibiblio.org/wm/paint/auth/vinci/
3. All of the Galleries/Museums that have da Vinci's work
4. The Drawings of Leonardo Da Vinci http://www.drawingsofleonardo.org/